Monday, December 17, 2012

A Balloon Tradition

My Dearest Friends and Readers,

It has been a challenge for me to come post here over the past few days. Just reeling of all our worldly tragedies including ones in our very own nation. I knew I wanted to post my deepest sympathies to these families in Connecticut and all around the world for that matter. In America, many of us began our Friday morning with the same old hustle and bustle. Many of us thinking about all of our last minute holiday traditions, shopping, baking, and more. I have to say, for me, the world came to a screeching halt the moment I read my news feed. That day several beautiful angels went into the arms of our heavenly father. Not only in America, but around the world there were several tragedies. My heart aches for all of them. I remember telling my mother a few weeks ago, that I had a strong need to return to church, to find my best friend and teacher. I have felt that the world has become darker even through the lens of my camera. I told her that I had a need to be the light that the world needs more of. This time of year is a merry time of celebration and sadness for me. It has been for 27 years, when my oldest brother became an angel. Throughout my life, I have felt the struggle to follow my path. I have kept my relationship with my heavenly father, the holy spirit, and Christ within my heart. No matter how hard times have been in my life whether it was trying to help my oldest boy overcome is challenges, fighting cancer, being a single mom, or going through a divorce, I know that these are things that I must overcome along my path. I have cried as a parent for these children and adults in Connecticut and around the world, I have prayed for easement.

After my brother passed, it became a tradition for me to send him any balloons I ever received. I would write him a message and send it to heaven. As a small child I would watch that balloon rise to heaven with my messages for him. As an adult I still carry on that tradition and this is how I help my oldest and in the future the baby, overcome the loss of those who are dear to them. On my brother's birthday and on the day he passed away I send him a message. This Christmas, I am starting a new tradition, I plan to purchase a balloon for every continent with a message and sending them up. I urge you to join me this year and every year after. Next year, I would love to try to get as many people as I can to join me and spread this tradition. I have to remember, that there is a world around me hurting just as much. We could all use an extra prayer right now. We all need to try to be the light that the world needs.
May all the stars in the sky shine brighter.

Thank you for taking the time to share and read my thoughts.
Cheers!
Bran

2 comments:

  1. Oh Brandy, this is such a beautiful post. I, too, have struggled with my words and feelings since Friday...every post I see or picture I scroll through just brings me to tears. I finally sat down today and wrote a few thoughts in my DD and it has helped getting them on paper. I will never forget the tragic event and I think your balloon tribute is such a wonderful idea. Cheers to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a wonderful post. I also posted on my blog today. I've been very close to some horrible world events (because of where I lived at the time), but I am boggled by these horrendous acts against children.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! Have a Wonderful Day!