Sunday, November 25, 2012

Making Christmas Cards

That is what I am up to currently. I always snap a photo...more like several...to get just the right story to send to my friends and family each year. This year I went hybrid with my card making. Here is just a little bit of the process.
I edit many photographs and decide which one really moves me. Here are some of the pictures of the boys together.





So we will just say that trying to get them to sit together will not happen without the little one throwing a fit. So we just went at it...as this really is my favorite way to capture children and families. I chose the 3rd photo to make my cards with.
I then sit down and photoshop my card to represent the message I want to share. Using Ribbon font and snowflake brushes I captured my story.
I size it for print and then print 4 per page for the amount I need. I also create a typed message that will make two cards when done and I print these as well.
 Once I trim and cut everything I begin the folding and gluing process. Until I have my whole stack of cards.
 I hate to say it, but my Christmas card list has become so small I used to send over 60 a year. For various reasons my list is now down to about 30.
 The final card making stage is to add some dimension only a little dimension, with glitter gel.
Once they are done they are ready for personal messages, an envelope, address, and stamp.
Enjoy and Cheers!
Bran

1 comment:

  1. These are so great! I've been wanting to do something like this with my little ones, but haven't been inspired until now! Thanks for sharing these beautiful cards! Those photos are so stunning! xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! Have a Wonderful Day!