Sunday, November 11, 2012

Lets Talk: December Daily

Alright...been off of work for the past two days..sick..my ear drum ruptured because my body thinks its funny or the universe...either way I do not appreciate missing paychecks...and being bored. Not like I don't have a list a mile long that continually finds two additional things to replace the one thing I finished. I am just tired of being home...sick...with my world moving in the opposite direction that I am moving. All is not lost however, as my December Daily kit from Studio Calico came in Friday to keep me occupied. So lets talk: December Daily that is.

Hi, My name is Bran, this will be my first December Daily. (never mind I have shyly watched Ali's blog since 2008, and could have done my own, ahem). I bought the kit, because I really didn't need any more supply, but I wanted everything in that kit, (oh who am I kidding) I hit the button before I ever saw it. I just wanted to be cool ;). No really, I feel bad for those who missed it and hope that they find something, because I feel a little guilty I have one, just a little bit.

The kit is freaking fantastic! There is so much to use, that I really want December to be here right now, (ok maybe not, because I really am not ready for it at all). So then I saw all of the digital awesomeness that Ali has for the DD...and because yours truly is sitting right here with a healing eardrum and not at work making money...your truly, had to whip up something from scratch. So, I lifted, copied, did not steal, but made my own version of the 4X6 daily cards. Wanna see?


Each one done by hand because for the life of me...we will just leave it that I did them by hand. I chose to make Red, Green, White, and Black following the idea of hers, and I am pleased with mine that I made from scratch, but I still wanted hers (just so you know). Ok, I digress they are pretty rockin' if I do say so myself, but you should note Ali's can be overlays...in which I am pouting over (there is always next year).

Then I set about to the album cover, because I really, really did not want to mess it up. I mean so clean and pretty, I almost want to cover it in plastic...I decided to pull out some crayola glitter glue/gel pens. Well, here take a look...I am very happy with my cover.
I loved the choice of stamps and my little glitter fun..its snow ok...I live in Florida...no snow...only frost in my freezer
I used my Graphic 45 typewriter stamps for the spine...and more glitter and lovely snowflakes

Pretty huh...I still think it needs to be covered in plastic...any-who, I thought I would share the beginning part of supplies I think I might need for my DD. This will be a growing supply as I have some rockin' washi tape coming in from Freckled Fawn.

Here is the whole sha-bang!
Versafine Onyx black ink, Prima Chalk inks ladybug, English ivy, tin can, & worn jeans, versamagic white chalk ink, AC Christmas Roller Stamp, Graphic 45 Typewriter stamps, Alpha stamps from SC Monkey Bars add-on kit.
SC Veneers Hearts, Arrows, & stars, teal, clear, and white sequins.
Brads from one of the SC kits
Doilies & tickets from Freckled Fawn, old sturdy index dividers
A slew of Washi tape from Freckled Fawn, OS, & AC. Mister Huey's Real red, Opaque white, Passport, Shine, Gold, and Silver if I can ever find it...Also using Folk Art antique silver, copper, & gold paint, & Folk Art white paint.
Various glitter, tools, vintage threads, slick writer, white gel pen, various markers, and my precision black ink pen.
Alright, that is the beginning of the process. I will be back throughout the process to share with you guys. I need to get scrapping some other pages, but that will be tomorrow as I am now going to bed. :)
Cheers!
Bran

2 comments:

  1. I love your cards! They're fabulous! And your cover, wow! I just got all my supplies laid out on the floor, but I haven't been hit by the inspiration bug yet! This is my second year doing DD, so I'm going to refresh my mind with last year's album first! Can't wait to see how yours comes along...TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, girl! This is going to be lovely!!! I SOOO wanted to get the kit, but know I go WAY overboard buying holiday scrap goodies, and knew I would have PLENTY to make my book this year! lol I love your cover and pages, and I can't wait to see how it looks as you progress!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! Have a Wonderful Day!