Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Need Scouting Inspiration?

Hello Friends!

My big boy is in scouts and I want to scrap his scouting adventures...however I am not in love with the scouting scrappy offerings...sigh. So I am making it my own and with a bag of K & Company all in one scouting die cuts I begin. My son recently went to his first Cub O Ree, where he earned several belt-loops for his belt. He is very excited and this is a special part of his life. I decided to make him his own scrappy book. I choose to go with 8.5 X 11 to challenge myself to a new size. So far I am in love! I have adopted kraft cardstock into my blank canvas selection. I will use kraft and white throughout the book (kind of partial to the kraft for this book already). I hope this offers you guys who are in need of scouting scrapping inspiration. Lets begin...

Page One: The introductory page...Letting my oldest boy remember the day he said his promise from memory. I used the cub scouts die cut, white on red die cuts, and the den die cut from the pack I purchased. I also used a ticket from FF along with some great washi and a fabulous square doily. I also used the Brownie kit from SS and the tape from this months kit at SC. For the background I used MH heirloom blue and Gold.

Page Two: Features his shining moment in the BB range in which I was not sure who was more afraid  He did it however, I was just waiting for a moment right out of the "Christmas Story" which on a side note I do not like to watch because the Santa freaks me out! I used Thickers from AC, SC "Brownie" add-on kit, doily and washi from FF. Miss Betty obliged us with some lovely typed journaling as well. I used MH opaque White and Passport for my splatters.



Page Three: This page is all about his archery center. There were so many picture from this moment as they ranged from terrified to proud. He was so intimidated by the arrows that he thought the arrow would bounce back and stab him...after he shot the first arrow he felt like a pro and all fears were rested. I killed my "Brownie" add-on kit with this page and used doilies that I found in the baking section along with Smash tape and FF tape and tickets. I used MH real red for my splatters.



I hope this gives you a little bit a of different twist to traditional scout scrapping. I will share all of the pages as they come along. Thanks for looking!
Cheers!
Bran

1 comment:

  1. These are fantastic!!!! I love them all - and I love how you mixed some girly items in with such a "boy" themed layout. It all goes together perfectly! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! Have a Wonderful Day!