Monday, June 11, 2012

California the SC way

Hello Ladies!
     I had a productive weekend here in the Layton household. Not only was I chore productive I was also scrappy productive. Today I have a layout I created from my June SC kits. Along with the main kit, I decided to purchase all 4 a first for sure, but I am so happy I did. I truly cannot express how amazing in real life these kits are. Not only are there things in these kits that I would never connect and put together, it challenges me to explore the possibilities that much more. I have five layouts for you today on with the tour through California the SC way...


So Cal: Vibrant with oranges and I am an orange person so this spoke to me and all of my washi tape :). I am taking the Washi Workshop and I love using washi already, but I am loving all of the new ways to use it on my layouts and albums. This is a page about my niece. She reminds me so much of myself as a little girl, with the way she interacts with her world. There are endless possibilities with this stamp and I have sketched a few already.



Santa Monica: Reminds me of the song....this kit also has some pretty awesome stamps and colors. I explored geometrical designs for my washi workshop, truly a fun, fun project.



Newport: I loved the stamps and the hues from the kit, those pops of dark teal OMG. This is the seriously pinkish girly page I have ever made. This is the youngest cousin on my hubby's side of the family and she just turned 2. She loves butterflies and puppy dogs. I created the butterfly behind her from the stamps. I like having exposure to girls in my life as girly colors are a challenge for me, I have boys for the past 8 years.




Venice Beach: I have got to say my favorite layout for me for non human related. I love these stamps, and I also tried another technique for my washi class. Lots of possibilities to be had. Ah Betty, I really love finding reasons to type with her...I will take her into my room at night when the boys are in bed to finish my pages :)




Malibu: our final stop in California, such sweet delicate colors. I adore this page and challenged myself to layer, I really like how those layers turned out. The stamps, perfect for so many ideas. I am going to try to incorporate the Italian side of me more in my pages. I have been working with my youngest on speaking Italian. I am not so good with the writing aspect and prior the language was leaving me as my great grandpa and Italian speaking relatives live in Connecticut now.

I hope you enjoyed the tour. Soon you will see some of these in the Scrap Efficiency templates. Have a great Monday!
Cheers!
Bran

10 comments:

  1. WOW A.M.A.Z.I.N.G!!!!!! Can't wait to get my kit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Washi uses here are FANTASTIC!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are gorgeous layouts and your photos are amazing! Love the photo with the bubbles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. GREAT pages!! I love how you used the stamps. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh you make me wish my kit had arrived too. I love your washi tape work. It is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow u r amazing! Love all the pages!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are all awesome!!! Love them! You sure did have a productive weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How did you do all this in such a short time??? These layouts are incredible. Looks like the washi class provided some great inspiration! I love how you used the stamps so much and good to know the pinked circle fits the chipboard circles so well. I love that first layout, so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely adore that first layout. So amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your style Bran! Love what you did with all your washi and the SoCal kits. So fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! Have a Wonderful Day!