Friday, April 27, 2012

Bran's Kitchen: Pita Bread

As every SC member know's subbers get the early dibs in the shop so to make it seem like I was very busy today ahem...I made some good eats.
Pita Bread I love it! Now I know how to bake it following this sweet little recipe for Pita Bread I set about on my lengthy endeavor. I recommend observing your dough as mine was ready in an hour and a half vs. three and watch you bread mine only took 3 minutes on the first side and 2 on the other. If you don't mind the high heat in your oven give this a try.


So now I have these fantastic pita pockets waiting to be filled with greatness! After nabbing the kit I wanted and I really behaved because right now....tough money times. So I pulled out some chicken and divided it into two meals. The first was my lemon pepper Zingers with spinach which made a great lunch after all of that pita bread making and baking.

I sided this dish with fresh slices of cucumber, I love them unpeeled!
The final dish was a feat of course and I have yet to test it on the person I was aiming for. No-mayo chicken salad which mine is different as I used what I had in my kitchen. I used walnuts and fresh grapes :). So it passed the hubby test, the big boy not so much because he swears he is not a picky eater, and the baby wanted seconds!  I prepared my chicken on the stove top with garlic, olive oil, minced garlic, rosemary, turmeric, and curry powder. let them cook for a few minutes on each side then added water and put a lid on with a lower setting and forgot about it for 20 minutes. Shredding the chicken is easy and the chicken was super moist!

I paired this pita with a side of spinach, plum tomatoes, garlic salt, and a pinch of mozzarella and some gigantic strawberries!
As always enjoy!
Cheers!
Bran

1 comment:

Thank you so much for stopping by! Have a Wonderful Day!