Monday, February 27, 2012

Hoping this is not any indicator...


So upon going outside to take pictures this morning my butterfingers dropped my SD card...which proceeded to acrobat itself into a crack in the deck...I an hour trying to remove the nails from the boards with no luck...what this indicates is that I am glad I bought a new SD card this weekend and that I removed the pictures I really wanted from the card last night. I hope this is not an indicator at pre-sale time that I will butterfinger myself out of the kits I hope to purchase at Studio Calico lol. C'est La Vie...it was on its way out 4 years of fantastic use all the prongs missing from it, I truly used this SD card for over 25,000 pictures.

Now onto some good stuff...I lifted a page by Marcy Penner for a challenge. The page I lifted was "Always Remember".




The Kit: Brooklyn Fleamarket
Techniques: Paint, mist, cutting, gluing, punching
Process: I began with my vanilla background from the kit and splattered paint and the Mister Hueys
I created my cluster:
by cutting various sized papers
I punched my tag
cut up a heart doily to make the circle flower
used various stickers and a heart doily
I layered up the cluster starting with the brown/black flower paper with lined paper, put the colored flower paper next, then my tag and doil4 along with my hidden journaling
I matted my picture and glued just enough on the side where I wanted it attached
I then used my piercing tool on cork-board and punched my sewing holes and went about hand sewing the top picture to the cluster
I embellished with a few extra pieces and attached my cluster to the background
I cut a strip and placed it at the top with hand journaling.

Now I sit and wait for the pre-sale and finish finalizing my statistic paper which I had to take a break from.
Cheers!
Bran

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous LO! And D'OH on the memory card!! Glad you had a replacement available.

    Clicked over from the SC Message Board :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This layout is so very cool. Love the doilies and the ink splatter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great page! I hope you got what you wanted from the presale!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you ladies! I did get what I wanted it went well for me this month and for my first pre-sale. I feel a little guilty that so many did not, but I understand that is part of the chaos of it all and that maybe in the future I might not always be so lucky :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! Have a Wonderful Day!