Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Week 3 Great Grandma's Cookbook cook-a-long

Well, I am a little behind on my baking ahem...so I will catch up last weeks Pumpkin loaves tomorrow when I visit my mom. I will have an extra hand with the baby who is by the way feeling much better from his shots, however, he is still aggressively teething. I also spent time creating the Mood Board Tutorial; as I wanted everyone to be able to create their inspirations for the Colette Fall sewing challenge. Now we are on week 3 of great Grandma's Cookbook Cook-a-long and that means a new recipe and another part of her story. Thanks for tuning in.

The next few weeks will be really simple recipes, after all I have a lot of sewing to do for my boys and myself. This week we have:

Carrot Pineapple Salad

Ingredients:
1 pkg lemon jello
1 c. grated carrot
1 c. crushed pineapple
2 tbs. lemon juice
Directions:
follow the direction to make the jello adding in the lemon juice when it is at the boiling point. Then combine in the other ingredients and chill.

Great Grandma's Story:

When I was five years old father sold the farm in Elwood and we moved to Roseworth, Idaho. We went by horse and wagon, and camped in Blue Creek while dad helped with the harvesting at the dry farm. We had a big teddy bear which we always fed, because he opened his mouth. This bear was left there because it started to stink, We stopped in Buhl, Idaho, at some park, overnight.

Have a great evening all!
Bran

2 comments:

  1. I love this.. I got my now to explore but its so scary as most things are left unsaid.. one day i will too. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! Have a Wonderful Day!