Friday, August 5, 2011

Sorbetto and Shop News

As I mentioned last night, I have my version of Sorbetto complete. Colette Patterns created this free pattern for the month of patterns at Grosgrain. I love the simplicity of this pattern and the options to change it, they are limitless. For this version, because I will be making more lol, I used a vintage fabric, vintage buttons, vintage lace trim, and well ok not vintage bias tape. It took me about an hour from start to finish. I also used the sleeve pattern that Mena at Sew Weekly created for her Week of Sorbetto Challenge. I like how it takes on a new dimension. To get the Free pattern for the top visit Colette patterns here and for the sleeves visit Mena at Sew Weekly here. My next go will be coming up this weekend. For your viewing entertainment I give you Sweet in Red Sorbetto.

My Materials
 I choose different buttons which happen to be available in my shop. The buttons I chose originally were swallowed up by the fabric, I needed buttons with substance.

Sweet in Red Sorbetto
I am really pleased with how this turned out. I will have to make a slight bust adjustment as I am nursing and well you know how that goes. The fit is great and I love my gathered sleeves.
I love this fabric and I have more of it for another project.
The Lace and the buttons both addictions of mine
*************************************************************************
SHOP NEWS:
I am working on a project that should be in my store by this weekend. They are handmade thank you cards that are unique and fun. I will tell you more about it over the weekend. Until than here is a sneak peek!
A Handmade Thank You (c)BrandyLayton2011

1 comment:

Thank you so much for stopping by! Have a Wonderful Day!