Friday, May 13, 2011

Whew!!! Lets talk shoes...

      The world of blogging had to come to a halt, I grounded myself until I finished my chores lol. I decided to make a sewing room. You know how you start cleaning and then you make a bigger mess? Yep that is exactly what happened, but now I know where everything is. I am currently waiting for my boards to come in to organize my fabric (That will be a discussion for next week). So in the meantime lets talk about shoes. Thrifty Thursdays, I love them and usually find really neat stuff. Things I can alter to work for me, things that are rare that fit my style, and things for the kiddos. Well, I wanted shoes, I fell in love with a really expensive pair and decided what makes the designs of the shoes I am looking for. Well, a shoe design that embodies the shoes worn by women between the 1920's and 1950's. So I went hunting online and in the thrift stores and found some unique beauties that I can wear with a few dresses I plan to finish in the next week. Yep still have to hem and bias tape the first dress, than make a pillowcase dress, and a shirt dress. In the mean time I will show you my Thrifty finds from the thrift store. My adorable 7 year old was my photographer and makes me proud.
 This First Pair were $4.00. They are Unlisted by Kenneth Cole.
Similar shoes range from $150.00 to $250.00.
 The Second Pair were $3.00. They are Aerology by Aresole.
They range from $25.00 to $75.00.
 The third pair were $3.00. There are by Antonio Melani.
Similar shoes range from $60.00 to $115.00.
The fourth pair were $3.00. They are Thom McAn.
These shoes can range between $20.00 to $50.00.
For $13.00 bucks I found some really nice shoes that could have cost me quite a bit. I love thrifty finds. Now the next segment are shoes that I purchased for $15.00a piece on clearance 3 years ago. Both are from Payless and originally would have cost me $60.00.
 These were $15.00 normally $30.00. They are by Lower East Side.
This pair was $15.00 normally $30.00. They are by Dexter.
I will share a site for those of you looking for shoes to fit your retro clothes. Amerimark, has shoes that we can wear for our style. You know the shoes we oogle and they tend to be upwards of $400.00 for a single pair. I bought 5 pairs, my splurge for mother's day and for my vacation coming up and to look awesome with the clothes I will be sewing. Two pairs are on back order, when they come in lovely pictures will ensue. I spent about $25.00 per pair compared to the upwards of the other scale I just can't afford; these are a steal, they are adorable and very comfy. Note: I can were a wide width sole pump normally, in this case a regular would have been fine as they are made to keep circulation through the feet.
 I already have the design in my head for a pair of pants that
will pair nicely with these gems. The color is Wine, I have
matching polish for my nails too.
 These gems will go very nicely with a few of my dark denim skirts.
I also have a few dresses that these will look darling with.
Knock out red. I love them and I love that they will go perfectly
with the dress I am currently sewing. This dress will be worn to my 
great grandfather's 100th birthday next month. They also will
pair nicely with some skirts and jeans I have.
That's all for tonight. I am off to dream of clothes to wear with all of my new finds. I hope you are inspired to get out and thrift your way to shoe happy land. :)

3 comments:

  1. Oh, wow, girl!! Look at all them gorgeous shoes!!! And what fabulous deals you got - Yay!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you got some of those from the thrift store! I love the navy pair!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got all those on One trip? You must live in a nice area with good donations!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! Have a Wonderful Day!