Thursday, May 19, 2011

Thrifty Thursdays 05.19.2011 Edition

Today's endeavor was the shirt dress, that is about 15 inches shy of that. Upon working my pins and stitching in between the baby's feedings,  and the big boys big project; I sewed the shirt a bit too tightly and it would not fit closed over my bum. This is ok as I have bigger plans for this now shirt jacket that does not close, is meant to be open and will go with a cute A line skirt I will be making here soon. I will make a cute tank to go under the jacket and I need to make a few modifications to it add short sleeves at each arm hole. Yes, this will work!! In the meantime this is where I am on that project.
The back is still a bit loose, but I will will make the modifications when I add my little sleeves

I think I did pretty well making the lines blend in to V's : note to self: stripes require more attention to detail

Overall I really like it as a little jacket, I think I will make a cute hair piece out of the leftover fabric and maybe something for the little boy
That is the one thing I have learned through the years, sometimes a big boo boo will happen or an idea will not quite fit together, being versatile and adaptable allows for great outcomes. It is not worth getting mad over in the long run.

So exciting I landed 150+patterns today....I can not wait for them to be mailed to me...neither box has been sorted and so it is a surprise of pattern's from the 40's to 80's. What I do not use I will put up in my Etsy store, when I get there. :) Also found a bunch of neat thrifty finds that I will review and research for next weeks Thrifty Thursday edition. Have a wonderful night everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun find! Good luck with the shirt dress redo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see all of your patterns! :]

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! Have a Wonderful Day!